April Fools. Canadians can't vote.
My friend Andy (who is in Morocco) sent me a little interview. Thought I'd share. I do reply to good myspace messages once in a while. :-)
(Obama) Tracy Morgan's recent Saturday Night Live commentary was pretty silly.
No link. Find it if you like SNL.
Sorry about the smiley faces and capitalization issues.
1. who's your best friend of all time?
2. any chance i could replace him?
3. how about is there any chance of me taking matt hoopes's place as guitarist for relient k?
4. how do you pronounce "pwned"?
5. what do you think there's more of...stars in the sky or grains of sand on the earth?
6. what is your favorite flavor of skittles?
Strawberry, but I try to steer clear.
7. if you were trapped on an island and could only bring one book, what would it be (apart from a hollowed out farmer's almanac filled with the bare essentials for survival of course)
Without stating the (I hope) obvious :-). The Shack. Oh yes, oh yes, The Shack. (When I finish I may deliver a blog book report)
8. in a fight between a grilled cheese sand
wich and a taco, who would win?
Depends on what mood I'm in.
9. did you ever find bugs bunny attractive when he put on a skirt and acted like a female bunny? (i didn't either just for the record...just a harmless wayne's world quote)
I didn't remember that line. Good flick.
10. how do you prefer your hamburgers done?
Medium Rare Plus. :-) But for my birthday, I'll have a Filet at Morton's with Shannon, James, Steven, and Kevan, please. I love steak.
11. how would you like to come to morocco for a little jam session sometime?
12. which bear is best?
13. what is your name?
14. what is your quest?
Love and Grace.
15. what is your favorite color?
16. what is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Not fast if swallowed by a mighty Monty Python.
17. what is your favorite type of pop tart?
Nope. Special K breakfast bars.
18. what is the average time it takes you to write a song?
15 minutes for the part that counts, but that 15 minutes can take a week.
19. what is the average time it takes for the band to either go with it or say "back to the drawing board"?
We always finish what we start. Everyone plays their part in making sure the song is something we all enjoy.
20. who is your favorite super hero?
Great question. John The Baptist.
21. what is the best movie you've ever seen?
Harold And Maude.
22. more importantly, what movie was the biggest waste of 2 hours of your life?
The Stepford Wives or some crap?
23. when you reach the age of retirement down the line and are looking for someone to carry on the relient k legacy, what would your criteria be?
Weird. I guess we'll talk then. I hope that its not for a good while though... A good long while.
24. have you ever gotten sick of playing sadie hawkins dance at every one of your shows?
Yes and no. It just has a campfire sing along feel. There's not much art to it. Who doesn't like a little Kum Ba Yah?
25. did marilyn manson really eat your girlfriend?
This girl I liked bought into some of the lyrics. She didn't understand the theatrics of Manson's work. She was consumed by the words in a literal way. Its just good music, honey bee. Ha.
28. what does a half-dead flower have to do with MMHMM?
We were pruning and flowering at the time. We grew some new guys, new labels, new management, and new audiences. We also replaced a bass player and old management. It felt pretty symbolic.
29. last but oh most certainly not least...will you remember me on july 18 at the warped tour in detroit and let me hang out with you for a while?
I would hope so. My girlfriend has a lot of family in Detroit, and I'm often going out to dinner or something with them to escape the occasional monotony of the hot, dirty, summercamp-awesomeness that encompasses everything I love and like about Warped Tour. I'll be hanging out.